CAFTA Trade Insights – May 2016
Please find enclosed this month’s edition of CAFTA’s Trade Insights. Feel free to share with your membership. CAFTA Trade Insights – May 2016Read more
ACCA – Perspectives commerciales – Mai 2016
Veuillez trouver ci-joint la dernière édition de Perspectives commerciales de l’ACCA. N’hésitez pas à partager avec vos membres. ACCA – Perspectives commerciales – Mai 2016Read more
ACCA – Perspectives commerciales
Veuillez trouver ci-joint la dernière édition de Perspectives commerciales de l’ACCA. N’hésitez pas à partager avec vos membres. ACCA Perspectives commerciales – avril 2016Read more
CAFTA Trade Insights
Please find enclosed this month’s edition of CAFTA’s Trade Insights. Feel free to share with your membership. CAFTA Trade Insights – April 2016Read more
The Canadian Agri-Food Trade Alliance (CAFTA) is a coalition of national and regional organizations, associations and companies that have come together in support of a more open and fair international trading environment for agriculture and agri-food.
CAFTA’s membership represents the entire agriculture value chain, and includes:
- Alberta Cattle Feeders’ Association
- Barley Council of Canada
- Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Canadian Meat Council
- Canadian Pork Council
- Canadian Sugar Institute
- Canola Council of Canada
- Cereals Canada
- Grain Growers of Canada
- Malting Industry Association of Canada
- National Cattle Feeders’ Association
CAFTA represents the entire value chain; the membership includes producer organizations, processors, marketers and exporters from the major trade dependent sectors in Canada
CAFTA members include Canada’s major agri-food exporters including the beef, pork, grain, oilseed, sugar, and malt sectors, where we represent producers, processors and exporters. Together, these sectors produce almost 80 per cent of Canada’s agriculture and agri-food exports, conduct about $40 billion in business annually and directly employ close to 500,000 Canadians.
Together, CAFTA’s members:
- Produce almost 80% of Canada’s agriculture and agri-food exports.
- Conduct about $46 billion in business annually.
- Employ close to half a million Canadians directly in production, processing and marketing.
- Over 90% – nearly 210,000 – of Canada’s farmers are dependent on exports; their viability depends on the sale of products that are either exported or sold domestically at international prices.