Trade Insights: January 2023
In this edition you will find:
- CAFTA’s major win for reviewing FTAs
- Consultations on Trade Negotiations with Ecuador
- 2023 North American Leader’s Summit.
See document here: Trade Insights_January2023_Final
Note: CAFTA, in partnership with the Canadian Agri-Food Policy Institute (CAPI) and the Canada Global Affairs Institute, is pleased to invite you to the conference “Canadian Agri-Food in a Hungry World: Improving Canada’s Position in a Shifting Geopolitical Landscape.”
It will take place on Tuesday, January 31st, 2022 at the Westin TwentyTwo (22nd Floor, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa).
Registration is now open on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/canadian-agri-food-in-a-hungry-world-registration-473000084987
The event will include a series of panel discussions, fireside chats and keynote speakers exploring the many facets of this critical topic. Sessions will focus on:
- Food Security Today exploring the state of food security around the world.
- Creating systems to get Canadian food where it is needed exploring rules-based trade, infrastructure and tools to de-risk international trade.
- Food Security and Insecurity exploring the links between food security and peace and security interact?
- The Indo-Pacific exploring how to leveraging Canada’s strength in the region.
- Food Power exploring how to leverage agriculture and food to Canada’s Advantage.